Thursday 7 April 2016

Sasayaki Glitter DT ..Shaped card challenge

todays card I have done using a pretty little image from Sasayaki Glitter,I have coloured her using Polychromos Pencils onto Neehnah Solar white card.,she was then cut out using a Tonic fancy circle die ,then mounted onto another one cut into some pretty dot paper from one of my Tonic paper pads.. To create the outer circle I drew around the outside of the die that I had cut the pink paper from and hand cut the shape out. I then mounted the topper onto this with 3D glue gel to give it more depth,and popped top one side to dry whilst I created the card easel.This I also drew freehand around the die I used to create the outer white edge of the topper ..
First one,not thinking I did a big mistake and forgot to check the edge and had to rub it all out lol..good job I had not cut it lol..after cutting it out successfully and using it by placing the die just off the edge of the fold on the card( for the newbies ) You are left with a nice circular card..This I folded the one half in half and firmly creased which is important with an easel card as it does help it to sit correctly onto the card base..With my easels I fold out and not inwards as I think that these sit nicer this way ,and it makes it nice and easy to attach the top piece too.I then glued the on the pink dot paper to match the topper onto the bottom unfolded section to match the top..I added the top carefully to make set it had a good tight hold ..I always use a tacky glue for this instead of my faithful Collall all purpose as it is an instant grab as well as strong.. I prefer this to tape.I Added the stopper to hold where I wanted the topper to sit with3 D glue a few deeper blobs art the back and this forms the stop,you can just see this on the pictures,sometimes you do not need one but on this card I did..The de  Die cut daisy flowers are from X cut and coloured them with a SN pen C3, then added some gems to finish..Thanks for popping by xx

You can find this lovely image here

You can enter the current challenge by clicking on HERE

Made top 3 at Through the Craft Room Door Challenge 




This card will be entered into the following challenges

10 comments:

  1. wow - absolutly wonderful!
    The little lady is so cute and I like the form of your card.
    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Fairytale-Challenge.
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is a stunning card the image is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so my cup of tea Christine. I'm wondering if I might get on better with pencils as I'm not so good with alcohol markers. She is absolutely fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Lea ,I had trouble mastering pens and found Pencils much easier and more forgiving ,also you can erase to a degree too so that also helps ..But do get a good set of pencils as you will be dissapointed with cheap ones..If you can find me on FB and friend me and I shall talk some more about this if you want xx

      Delete
  4. Hi this is a stunning card I love the little fairy she is so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty image, beautiful card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this version of an easel, and it's a lovely image. Think the gems add the final flourish to a super card! :)
    Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

    ReplyDelete
  8. This easel card is so beautiful! Love the colors too! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about this, amazing work on the image and fabulous layout. Thanks so much for playing in our anything goes challenge at Digi Choosday this week:) Hugs! Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx